1. The return of Downton Abbey. I know it’s been shown in the UK, but it doesn’t start showing in the US until January 6. Will Lady Mary and Matthew tie the knot? How will the costumes evolve?
2. First Lady Michelle Obama’s Inauguration 2.0 gown. Will she go to Jason Wu again?
3. Anne Hathaway’s red carpet style come awards season. She’s a lock down for best supporting actress for Les Miserables if critics are to be believed.
4. Eddie Redmayne’s red carpet style come awards season. The Les Miz actor and Burberry model oozes modern style in spades.
5. The Costume Institute exhibit. This year’s theme is Punk: Chaos to Couture. It will be co-hosted by Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy, Rooney Mara and Lauren Santo Domingo along with Anna Wintour.
6. Alexander Wang’s take on Balenciaga. Will he make the revered high fashion house street?
7. The women who will be sporting Nicolas Ghesquiere’s final collection for Balenciaga. There will be plenty of them come fashion week in February.
8. Stefano Pilati at Ermenegildo Zegna. I might just finally buy something from Zegna as I loved Pilati’s menswear at Yves Saint Laurent.
9. H&M’s new designer collaboration. There hasn’t been an announcement yet. After the Maison Martin Margiela collab, which didn’t quite sell so well judging by the presence of some items on the selling floor to this day, H&M is still mum about who they’ve tapped to create a special collection with.
10. More menswear designer collaborations. 2012 was a wonderful time for menswear with collabs that included Gap for GQ featuring designers like Todd Snyder and Mark McNairy, Shops at Target with Odin, Acne x Mr. Porter, and Nike x Undercover to name a few. Here’s to hoping for more!
11. The evolution of the 3.1 Phillip Lim pop up store in Hong Kong. It will go through a series of phases this year as the merchandise changes.
12. The release of the highly stylized The Great Gatsby 3D movie by Baz Luhrman featuring Leonardo di Caprio and Carey Mulligan. I still don’t get why it needed to be 3D but I am watching if only for the costumes.
13. Prince William and Kate Middleton’s baby!
What are you looking forward to in 2013?
Follow me on Twitter: @bluecarreon