Lifestyle
5 August 2011 3:44 | Comments Off | Posted by

Lifestyle News You May Have Missed This Week

Is luxury spending back in vogue or are consumers still hesistant about big splurges? Photo: Darren Tieste www.darrentieste.com

Supermodel Linda Evangelista is asking for $46,000 a month of child support from her son’s father, Francois-Henri Pinault, husband of Salma Hayek and owner of the Gucci Group (Telegraph). Chinese online luxury customers are getting a special service from e-retailer thecorner.com. Shoppers of the site in China will have the luxury of having the FedEx delivery guy waiting for them while they inspect and try on their purchases (WSJ). Kate Middleton’s favorite label ISSA design by Daniella Helayel has been bought by Camilla Al-Fayed, the half-sister of Dodi Al-Fayed who was Princess Diana’s boyfriend. Camilla owns 51% of the company and Daniella, who will stay on as creative director, has the remaining 49% (The Daily Beast). The CFDA welcomed its new members, 33 in all, including Eddie Borgo, Olivier Theyskens and Charlotte Ronson (CFDA). The rich are spending on luxury goods again while mid-market brands falter, proving that consumers would rather spend on high quality, investment pieces rather than disposable fashion (IHT).